Friday, April 25, 2008

Tina Fey on Late Show with David Letterman

One of my favorite new shows is 30 Rock, and of course the very sexy Tina Fey. Alec Baldwin is also fantastic on the show. These are pictures of a hot Tina Fey arriving before her appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. I like how she always dresses in dark colors, compliments her style, though I wish she wore glasses like when she was on SNL.

Signing autographs,
Photobucket
Love the stilleto heels,
Photobucket

Excerpts from her bio on wikipedia,
Elizabeth Stamatina "Tina" Fey (born May 18, 1970) is an American writer, comedian, actress and producer. She has won a Golden Globe for her role in 30 Rock. Fey is currently the writer, star, and executive producer of the television program 30 Rock, a sitcom loosely based on her experiences at Saturday Night Live.

Fey was born in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania, a suburb of Philadelphia, the daughter of Zenobia (aka Jeanne), a brokerage employee, and Donald Fey, a university grant-proposal writer.[3] Fey's father is of German and Scottish ancestry and her mother was born in Greece, but raised in the United States from an early age.

Fey was exposed to comedy early, saying:
“I remember my parents sneaking me in to see Young Frankenstein. We would also watch Saturday Night Live, or Monty Python or old Marx Brothers movies. My dad would let us stay up late to watch The Honeymooners. We were not allowed to watch The Flintstones though, my dad hated it because it ripped off The Honeymooners. I actually have a very low level of Flintstones knowledge for someone my age.”

She also grew up watching SCTV and includes Catherine O'Hara as one of her role models.

Fey attended Cardington Elementary School and Beverly Hills Middle School.[8] By middle school she knew she was interested in comedy, even doing an independent study project on the subject in eighth grade.[5] She graduated from Upper Darby High School in 1988.

After Fey graduated from the University of Virginia with a B.A. in Drama in 1992, she moved to Chicago in order to take night classes at The Second City. Once her Second City training began, she immersed herself in the "cult of improvisation", becoming, as she described it a decade later, "one of those athletes trying to get into the Olympics. It was all about blind focus. I was so sure that I was doing exactly what I’d been put on this earth to do, and I would have done anything to make it onto that stage. Not because of SNL, but because I wanted to devote my life to improv. I would have been perfectly happy to stay at Second City forever."

By 1994 she was invited to join the cast of The Second City, where she performed in the Jeff Award-winning revue Paradigm Lost. Improvisation became an important influence on her initial understanding of what it means to be an actress, as she noted in an interview for The Believer in November 2003:

“When I started, improv had the biggest impact on my acting. I studied the usual acting methods at college—Stanislavsky and whatnot. But none of it really clicked for me. My problem with the traditional acting method was that I never understood what you were supposed to be thinking about when you’re onstage. But at Second City, I learned that your focus should be entirely on your partner. You take what they’re giving you and use it to build a scene. That opened it up for me. Suddenly it all made sense. It’s about your partner. Not what you’re going to say, not finding the perfect mannerisms or tics for your character, not what you’re going to eat later. Improv helped to distract me from my usual stage bullshit and put my focus somewhere else so that I could stop acting. I guess that’s what method acting is supposed to accomplish anyway. It distracts you so that your body and emotions can work freely. Improv is just a version of method acting that works for me. ”

While in Chicago she also made what she later described as an "amateurish" attempt at stand-up comedy. Fey is also a veteran of The ImprovOlympic.

Fey is married to Jeff Richmond, a composer on SNL. They met at Chicago's Second City and dated for seven years before marrying in a Greek Orthodox ceremony on June 3, 2001. They have a daughter, Alice Zenobia Richmond, who was born on September 10, 2005 in New York. Her daughter has appeared with her in the commercial and printed advertisement for American Express. Alice's image is also the logo of Fey's production company, Little Stranger, Inc.

Fey has a scar a few inches long on the left side of her chin and cheek. Responding to questions about its origin, Fey was quoted in the November 25, 2001 New York Times as saying: "It's a childhood injury that was kind of grim. And it kind of bums my parents out for me to talk about it."

Fey is known as a committed environmentalist and has noted that, apart from recycling, she also drives a Lexus hybrid.

[get this widget]

0 comments: